As of Friday 24th July, Government guidelines now state that wearing an appropriate face covering in shops and supermarkets in England is mandatory.
Facemasks must be changed and washed after each use, so we are going to need a few of them to get through the week!
Linda, the centre’s customer service representative, has kindly made the team masks to wear and they are FAB, so we want to extend this FREE service to our shoppers!
Simply bring your clean, chosen fabric into the centre in a sealed plastic bag with a name and contact number on, and Linda will make you a face mask for you to come back and collect when it is ready.
Fabric must be a clean material that you find to be comfortable and breathable, such as cotton. Pillowcases or bed sheets are great for these! To be fair to Linda and her time, only 2 masks per person.
We kindly ask that you are patient with your ‘orders’, the fabric will have to be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours. This is first come, first served and subject to Linda’s availability.
If you would like to donate an optional fee, these funds will be going to the Weston Favell Food Bank.
- Fabric must be clean and delivered in a sealed plastic bag with a name and contact number on so we can inform you they are ready for collection.
- Clean elastic and thread will be supplied by the centre.
- All precautions will be taken to ensure the workspace they are made is clean and hygienic.
- We reserve the right to decline fabric if it appears unhygienic or unsuitable for use.
- Only 2 masks per person
- Turnaround is between 7-10 working days subject to Linda’s availability.
- An optional donation can be made to the Weston Favell Food Bank upon collection.
- These Face coverings are not classified as PPE (personal protective equipment)
- We cannot be held accountable for any exposure to the virus whilst wearing the mask.
- They are not a replacement for social distancing and regular hand washing.
- Once collected, we recommend you wash prior to wearing.